DX » Community » Reviews » 3.5mm Audio Jack (Female) to RCA Audio Converter (30cm)
  • 5 star 38 ( 68% )
  • 4 star 16 ( 29% )
  • 3 star 2 ( 4% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• It works, but not for long

posted by Firespike8 on 03/11/2013

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It did it's job and lasted a good 5 months (or so.)

The price is pretty good.

It is stereo and sounds pretty good.

Easy to use

Cons:

Yesterday it finally broke, however it started malfunctioning after the 1 month mark and gradually got worse. The problem is the wires underneath the plastic casing are very easily broken. I wasnt hard on them either, what I'd recommend is not separating the red and white wires. Also, the connector wouldn't always connect properly and one side was loose. Because the wires were broken a bit internally I had to fidget around with them to get proper stereo output and once I did I had to make sure not to bump or move the connector or else one ear might cut out. It's not really as bad as it sounds, it would only take 20 seconds to get it working properly. The prong of the connector was very cheap. They are not fully made out of metal but have metal caps on this pink material. These caps would sometimes fall off, without them the connection couldn't be made. Yesterday, the prong snapped off.

OtherThoughts:

Quality 1 star
    Ease of Use 3 stars, since it required some tlc after it began to break.
    Price 5 star
    Usefulness 5 star.

Bottomline:

While this did have a 5 month lifetime, for the price that's pretty good. There are no alternatives available to this in Canada anyway, at least nothing that will cost less than 10$ with shipping. Would I buy this again? Probably, unless an alternative pops up on here. I'm waiting on SKU.173601 , since it doesn't have any wires so it's less prone to breakage.

Anyway, for 1.50$, It's worth it, just don't expect a high quality product.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections