Customer’s impression:
nice
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good replacement for halogen bulbs

posted by hunci on 04/29/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I bought several types of those "bulbs" to replace 20W halogen bulbs in the kitchen. I replaced several transformers with one small 12V stabilized adapter from this site and this particular type is the one I decided to use. It has more LEDs close enough, so it seems like one light source, instead the another type, where are the single LED diodes easisly recognozed.

Cons:

the soldering on the other side seems not very precise

I'm quite currious how much heat this one generates, and how long will it last with no cooling. Anyway, disposing 2 transformers and a bunch of 20W halogen bulbs seems worth it anyway.

The other type I bought is a bit less bright, is bigger (difficult to place inside the 20W halogen bulb place) and has warmer light.

Bottomline:

The other type has wider space between pins and was not that easy insertable in the place of the previous 20W bulb. You had to cut the pins a bit and bend them slightly. This one is just ok to the the same job. So I ordered them to replace all the 20W bubls after testing.

Has enought light to illuminat the kitchen desk (together with one tube). The light is not too warm, it's just ok.

I don't see a reason why you could not dim it with a PWM driver. Easy stuff. Hovewer I don't dim those, I have a dimmable led strip from DX above.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections