DX » Community » Reviews » Camera Flash Mount (Hot Shoe)
  • 5 star 9 ( 56% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 38% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 6% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byomeruzn on 07/14/2013

Function/Price = Excellent Holds umbrella's securely in any position. Small, light, simple. Metal plates on the upper half for the flash, umbrella holder is hardened plastic. Adjusting the angle is aided with locking teeth. Hardened plastic for the lower base (but handles most loads without stressing any of the parts.) Wish the flash and umbrella holder ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymadier on 05/25/2013

Its cheap and works as it supposed. Screws are ok. Quality of plastic might be just ok. Its not bad, however, I could think of better. You gonna watch that screw squeezing hot shoe - In my case I positioned flash off center, and flashun with transmitter has dropped. As a result, transmitter was dead, and flashgun zoom has broken. few weeks later during ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bybekisha on 01/29/2013

Solid build quality.Screws are good and precise.They have line for easier tightening with some coin, etc.Elbow part is good with no clicks on positions.Good built quality, and good molding.Very strong plastic!Umbrella hole is good and screw is strong and reliable.It have spring for parallel moving of mount when adjusting it. Flash mount shoe is made ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysteelmail on 11/12/2012

Solid foundation, easy to use. Easy lock and unlock. Good lock for a holder. In cold winter it may be broken, because plastic can become brittle. If you have aluminium flash mount holder, pay attention on fastening screw, in my case it was sharp (I grinded it). Top platform made from steel and has regulated wheel - it's very good becasue some flash ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bysantimuya on 10/12/2011

Very well built (metal and hard plastic) It works like a charm, It holds the umbrella properly and I love the adaptive flash hot shoe adapter. Simple fantastic. In my country (argentina) this cost the triple. none that I could think of I agree with the other user that said "I Wish the flash and umbrella holder rotated independently".. It's ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydaihard on 04/02/2011

Function/Price = Excellent Holds umbrella's securely in any position. Small, light, simple. Metal plates on the upper half for the flash, umbrella holder is hardened plastic. Adjusting the angle is aided with locking teeth. Hardened plastic for the lower base (but handles most loads without stressing any of the parts.) Wish the flash and umbrella holder ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bythetron on 11/17/2009

- Locks good to a standard lightstand. - Cold shoe has groves so that the pins on the flash can't touch the metal. - A spring secures the umbrella. - hole for the umbrella is big enough to fit larger umbrellas. - The cold shoe is way to long - Cold shoue fastens with a screw positioned in the middle of the shoe, but a standard flash shoe can not be ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySodapop on 03/24/2009

- Cheap. - Reasonable quality. - Reasonably compact and light. - Flash shoe lockable, so radio flash receivers like the cheap Cactus can be securely locked. - Swivel mechanism uses some simple metal gearing so it doesn't slip beyond your adjustment. - Flash head will not point to the center of the umbrella. The flash shoe is almost parallel to the umbrella ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylelen555 on 02/09/2009

This device is really well constructed and it`s very useful. It`s very cheap, and pretty safe for the flashes and umbrellas it will be holding. The shoe is made from aluminum and it looks really strong. It won`t make any shortcuts because I`ve measured myself and there`s no shortcuts. It makes a strange noise when you pull the head up or down. That`s ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymostsb on 01/16/2009

This flash swivel is nice and cheap. It works well with my Nikon sb-25 and sb-28 flashes. That hotshoe-adapter is good, it´s easy to fasten flashes. Also two bottom screws are easy to fasten. I like that spring in umbrella mount, there is no need to use screw in normal conditions. That clear finished screw is too little, and would be nice if umbrella ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections