DX » Community » Reviews » Thinkpad Slim Portable USB 2.0 DVD RW External Optical Drive
  • 5 star 7 ( 78% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 22% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byuvnesh on 06/27/2013

It is simple to use It comes with a CD so no need to worry about the PC not recognising the device. The fittings are a bit loose but no worry as they serve the purpose of connecting well In case the cables were a bit longer I would have love it even more.Have to do with it for the time being I wanted a portable one and I am happy with what I have bought.... Read more

0 0
  • posted byasherr on 04/18/2013

Works very well. That is, the initial connection to the computer and the connection to the computer afterwards, is very easy, and the quality of performance is very good. Very convenient for laptops that don't have a CD drive (like ASUS VivoBook S400). Convenient size. Compatible with WIN8. Two cables-one for power supply and the other for data transfer ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byandreiRCW on 01/22/2013

Thoroughly tested the drive as soon as it arrived. It performed to specs on all tests. All supported formats confirmed. (ok, except a few exotic ones like high speed dvdram) Write performance is good and disks created by this drive are clean and read performance is excellent read by other drives. Power requirement is too large. This unit comes with ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjimmytmp on 01/21/2013

good size, and comes with driver cd. Works as a DVD should . Design is a little boxy, but if you are using this with a thinkpad, then it should probably match the thinkpad design quite well Had a samsung external DVD and bought it for a little less than this unit when on sale. Looked nice, with rounded edges and sweet design. But this one seems to work ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byGabrielMartens on 11/27/2012

1 - Is the original. 2 - Read and Write as is described. 3 - Plug and Play. 4 - Using the two cables (one for energy, the other for data), it is fast enough. 1 - It could be sent with a cover, as it is a portable device. Could be a bag, or something. I have installed a second Hard Drive on my notebook, removing the DVD. As I rarelly use my DVD, this ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byhugomezarinaaim on 08/29/2012

Actual Thinkpad branded device. Look totally genuine! The build quality looks great also. Comes with everything you need to make it work right out of the box. I could have came with it own energy adapter, because you have to use two usb plugs from your PC, one for data and the other for power. It also took a while to get here to south america. The wires ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byMerlinds on 06/29/2012

Simple plug and play device. You need no soft if you use it with an OS before Win 98. You just plug it in and it works like a charm. Is small and the build quality seems pretty good. It also comes with an extra power source (a second USB cable) if with one USB connection is not enought. You can use it even for booting you pc. Just the data cable that ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDanzilF on 08/25/2011

- It comes packaged well - Comes with a CD (just in case your Operating System doesn't recognize it). However I must say that first thing I've tried it was on a Dell Mini and I've booted from it. - Material does not feel cheap at all. - Comes with 2 USB cables (one for power and another to transfer data). - Cables could be a little bit longer, but so ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTappotuoppi on 04/30/2011

Easy to setup (no configuration needed) Comes with all cables & software needed to use The box it comes in is also good for storage Not too long cables Nice price A bit flimsy Great unit if you need a dvd drive to make backups on or to install any OS to a netbook without a optical drive. This drive is cheaper to buy than a normal laptop dvd drive.... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections