Get DX Points!

• Good & handy iPhone 4 external battery

posted by Oriyadin on 03/30/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Bought 3 units for myself & friends for our iPhone 4
    * Charges my iPhone 4 from 20% to 100%, while it's on but not in use
    * Pretty nice design & feel, sleek red rubber skin
    * Can be chained with the iPhone and wall-charger to charge both at the same time
    * 4-LED indicators work well

Cons:

* Only works with a "bare" phone, will not attach if there is any back-cover, case, pouch etc.
    * Also, won't fit when you want to put the iPhone in a car cradle
    * 3-4mm thicker & wider than the iPhone 4, so kind of a bulky couple during the 2-4 hours it takes to fully charge

OtherThoughts:

Important! If you have a back-cover or case, check if it wraps around the bottom of the iPhone. It will prevent the external battery from attaching
    Another nice plus is that I can leave the battery to wall-charge in public places, if needed, instead of doing that with the iPhone and worrying about it getting stolen
    A word about the capacity - iPhone 4 is rated at 1400mAh, this external battery is rated at 2200mAh.
    It does *not* mean you'll get more than double the "juice", you'll get 80% extra. Some "juice" turns into heat during the charging process. It's normal and reasonable.

Bottomline:

Good and handy, fantastic value for money. I've stopped running around with wall & car charges, feeling like I have to "beast-feed" my iPhone 4 every few hours like it was a baby

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections