DX » Community » Reviews » 42mm 2W 6500K 75-Lumen 9-SMD LED White Light Bulb for Car (DC 12V)
  • 5 star 37 ( 84% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 14% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 2% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Really great for lighting your car interior

posted by Aonir on 05/19/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-Really cheap, they cost way more in local or other shops

-Great brightness, a good bit brighter than my original 5W sofitte lamp, while it does not get as hot, even though it does get quite warm after extended runtime

-Really nice white color temperature, gives older cars a somewhat more modern look. However, depends on your personal impression, as some people may not like the cold white tone.

-Very ease to change, at least in my car, you only have to pry up the translucent plastic cover, remove the original incandescent lamp and replace with this one.

Cons:

-Draws about 110 mA in my car, (did not measure battery voltage when I was testing) so probably not 2W, but rather around 1.2-1.4 W... This could also be a pro, if light output is the same as advertised.(Efficiency)

-So far nothing else

OtherThoughts:

-They work like a charm in my car for over a month now(Opel Astra F), I installed one in my front interior lamp, one in the glove compartment and one in the trunk. All are still going great, and I expect them to last a long time. Additionally, I installed 3 more in my fathers Opel Combo, they light up the trunk way better than the original incandescent lightning.

-They give your car a more modern touch.

-You can leave your Doors open for a longer time before the battery is too week to start the engine.

Bottomline:

Get a few of these, they are really bright, power saving, cheap and look very nice.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections