• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not as Good as other cables with same price

posted by Andromance on 04/03/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

-hard to find one pro. Maybe cheap for others not for me.

Cons:

- Plugs are week and can break if not handled with care.
    - On plug won't connect good if I wouldn't tap it to my mediaplayer (All other cables I own works just fine - plug, hear the click and play).
    -The cable it self is thinner than standard so I doubt if the inner cables are well shielded from interferences. There for I doubt if this cable is actually CAT 5E.
    -Don't fool me with the price, there are cables cheaper or at the same price with much better quality, ama zon is your friend in this case.

OtherThoughts:

This cable is tested with 100BASE-TX network and it has given 52% speed. Could be a bottleneck somewhere else in my home network, I will still try it with a 1000BASE-T network later and will update this review if I can.
    I also tested it by RJ45 cable tester and it went through. But I had to keep one plug with my hand in order for it connect properly.

Bottomline:

I wanted to give a try to this cable from DX as other products I bought from here and they worked fine But was disappointed with this one.
    Good luck if it works for you.
    Delivery to Finland was ok (about 2 weeks)

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections