DX » Community » Reviews » Full Replacement Housing for NDS (Red)
  • 5 star 3 ( 19% )
  • 4 star 9 ( 56% )
  • 3 star 4 ( 25% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byjzawacki on 04/01/2011

It's cheap, and they have a bigger selection of colors available. And, the parts are interchangeable with the original parts, which you will be using a lot of, because these are very poor quality! - NO HINGES! You must press out your old ones, and attempt to line them up and press fit them into this case. Good luck getting your snap to positions to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byTrack3r95 on 03/30/2010

Great Color The Red One Little Shiny Not like the DSL But Great Shine Great if you want to change your ds Color Or You Ds case is Broken Very hard To install It Take's me like 4 Hours To install I Used My Old Bottoms and i never Tried the new one so there is No Cons In The Case none none none If You Put Screw Driver With it It Would Be Wonder Full And ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bytest2601 on 03/06/2010

+As usual here, this was a cheap product. +It does the job. +Can give your ds a nice new color. -Rough edges -Doesn't feel that well built actually, so I don't know how long this housing will last. -It doesn't come with a trigram screwdriver, so you need to buy that seperately. -Rather difficult installation process. After 4 or 5 year the hinges broke ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byscottyearl on 09/26/2009

Nice quality cover, not too flimsy, good looking, looks like the original DS shell. Can be a fiddle to fit properly when it comes to the DS hinge....time and patience. Plastic buttons that come with it are slightly less quality to the touch than original DS....so it is idea to use the originals when replacing. Definately worth a buy if you need to replace ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byXnDrXaN on 03/06/2009

Cheap. Nice colour. Your DS seems new. Rough edges in almost every small part (had to polish up the hinge for being able to open the DS without breaking it). Some screw holes are quite big, so the screws doesn't fit (just 3 screws, in diferent layers, so it still holds everything in its place). The upper screen protector came striped (the worst con)... Read more

0 0
  • posted byiheartmaths on 12/09/2008

Nice bright colours, includes lots of spare screws and springs, useful for if your higne has cracked or if you just want to change the appearance of your DS. Even compatable with the official Nintendo case pieces so you can mix and match. Unbeatable price. Plastic doesn't feel the most durable, some molding errors requiring light sanding - nothing major ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byRaff1 on 10/13/2008

Great price. Makes your tired and scratch DS look like new! Comes with all the bits you need to replace the case on your DS, even screws. Pretty easy to install, just watch for those little flexible cables, and take your time. I used LCD screen cleaner on the DS screens when I had the DS apart, it helps make the DS look more like a new one when you ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byshellbabe on 08/05/2008

the price is great,this came with everything i needed to replace my sons broken case.the build quality is good gives it a bit of a retro feel. for my first time ever to do this i found it realy easy all parts fitted great, when finished you have the look of a brand new item did not come across any great quality for price, fitted together perfectly. ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydethmachine on 08/03/2008

it is very nice to have such a cheap replacement case, expecialy for all us unlucky folk with the famed "broken hinge" that seems to happen to just about every original phat ds eventualy. not a bad red coulor, but a tad dull. also come with some spare buttons/screws etc. which is a nice touch. made from very, very cheap plastic. would be very ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bySerenade on 07/13/2008

- Sturdy case, good enough for its use - Without looking at minor details, almost looks like the real thing - Comes with replacement buttons, rubber pads for the buttons, etc - Does NOT come with: Two metal hinges, volume control slider, instruction manual - Parts need to be sandpapered down to fit, especially around the hinges and the small slit you ... Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections