DX » Community » Reviews » Full Replacement Housing for NDS (Red)
  • 5 star 3 ( 19% )
  • 4 star 9 ( 56% )
  • 3 star 4 ( 25% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Almost but no quite

posted by drdrackenstein on 04/07/2008

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

Good build quality. Only close examination would give it away as not being an official Nintendo product. It even comes with a fake serial number sticker to adhere to the back. Comes with lots of parts including buttons and d-pad as well as "nintendo" sticker for top of case. Very convincing.

Cons:

Build quality ain't perfect and feels a bit flimsy around slot 2. Case does not fit flush together and some edges need sanding down. Tried to use original DS shoulder buttons but they would get stuck so had to switch to buttons included with case and all was well once more... only the included buttons don't feel as sturdy as the originals. Hinge barrels are missing and must be taken from original case in order for hinge to work. These barrels are a pain in the butt to remove and put back in. Took me 2 hours to do so. This is not an easy mod for noobs. "Nintendo" logo sticker for top of case looks rather hoopty, but then again what do you expect from a knock off. No screw driver included as pictured on the box.

OtherThoughts:

Over all this is a really nice replacement case with better build quality than other console replacment cases I've purchased. Too bad it relies on some parts from the original case since if those pieces are missing or broken you'd be S.O.L. The price is fantastic though and you definately get what you paid for... just don't expect perfection. Make sure to buy a triwing screwdriver or you won't be able to take or put together your cases.

Bottomline:

Awesome price for a solid product. My DS phat never looked better and it will keep me from upgrading to a DS lite just a little longer.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections