Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- Small package for your 2.5" hard drive
- Light weight.
- When assembled it gives a reliable feeling
- Works great, no USB drivers required for XP
- Fast USB 2.0 connection.
- Build quality is not the best. In my case, the lower part of the case shall be removed using a screwdriver, the upper part can be easily removed.
- The used to connect the hard drive to the min-USB cable is short and thin. Even two USB connectors, I needed use a different cable (thicker) to provide enough current to the HDD.
- To assemble the case, I recommend to connect the electronic board to the HDD connector prior to insert it in the case. Pay attention to LED and connector fits inside the correspondent holes.It is no necessary to attach all the four screws, I used three and were enough.
-In my case, the controller comes with a single LED with only red colour that flashes if there is no enough current to start spinning the disk.
Good product, if you need a cheap HDD enclosure for a 2.5" this works fine.
It is possible that you need a thicker USB cable if your HDD has a current consumption about 1 A.
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.