There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Works alright

posted by danrulz98 on 10/15/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Well, its pretty cheap for flash memory.

The build quality is alright, the case did snap apart once when I was pulling it off of the motherboard. But, the build inside seems nice and clean. No complaints there.

It's very tiny, and does indeed just pop onto the IDE port on the motherboard of my file sever.

Cons:

1 GB is quite small. You can run Windows 98 or FreeNAS off of it, but anything more, like a full on linux distro or something, you're going to be really struggling for space.

Speaking of FreeNAS, I did have problems getting it to run off of this. However, OpenSUSE installed and ran just fine. But, a minimal SUSE install left me with just 62 MBs of free space!

OtherThoughts:

Its a really cool idea and all, but a bit worthless with such little space! The 4+ GB version is probably much more suitable unless you're only going to be running DOS or a very minimal linux system from it. If you're using DOS or something small like that, this is a great product!

Bottomline:

Great for minimal needs!

No so great if you want something more than minimal. A 4+ GB one would be better suited.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections