DX » Community » Reviews » 1-to-3 Coaxial TV Cable TAP 12 DB (5~1000Mhz)
  • 5 star 3 ( 60% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 20% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 20% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Awesome multitap for an awesome price, but check the caveat.

posted by W3irdN3rd on 02/07/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

It's a real multitap, not just a splitter, real tap!
    It's incredibly cheap!
    No interference problems!
    It's very sturdy - I already put it through quite some abuse.
    Has mounting holes!

Cons:

Here's the catch: China has a slightly different F-connector. It's not the same as in Europe or America, it is slightly larger. There are a few solutions however:
    1. Use the free included Chinese F-connectors with the tap. They fit perfectly.
    2. Make sure the coaxial copper core protudes from your F-connector and screw the F-connector on only 1-2 turns. It'll still work, no problem.
    3. Use F-"quick" connectors, they usually slide on (with some persuasion)
    4. My favorite: use a wrench. This is the kind of device you install and forget, so why not? I've done it. Works for me. You can also unscrew them again using the wrench, no problem. Also, no fear of cables getting loose. Ever.

OtherThoughts:

Very hard to impossible to find this kind of thing for this kind of money - anywhere. Just be aware it's not entirely standard F-connector (that's why I gave only 2 stars for ease of use), but for the price, this is a great deal.

Also, this is the same as sku.5231 minus one tap. If you need an extra tap, you may want to consider that one.

Bottomline:

Do you need a multitap? Yes? In that case: buy it!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections