DX » Community » Reviews » 12V LED Strip (30-LED 50cm White)
  • 5 star 19 ( 70% )
  • 4 star 8 ( 30% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Great buy!

posted by brewboy on 12/20/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

This unit is very good.
    Well priced, rigid and rugged.
    Very good bright 'Cool White' light output.
    The LEDs are epoxied into the bar so they are sealed off which makes them very good for use around moisture and steam.

Cons:

Not sure what country uses Grey & White for a DC wiring standard, but in Australia Red & Black is the standard, which just means you need to work that out.
    Wires are a little bit short (about 6cm long) but that's easily overcome.
    On 1 of 4 units I have purchased there is a bit of a gap between the wires and the epoxy, which could cause stress relief problems if the LED bar is not fixed/secured, or could let small amounts of moisture into the connection, but it is such a minor issue, as a bit of epoxy or silicon would overcome this.

OtherThoughts:

Grey = Positive
    White = Negative
    Would be better if wires where a bit longer, say 10-15cm.

Bottomline:

Great buy.
    I have bought 4 so far, and will be buying another 3 soon.
    I have mounted 2 of them in my kitchen as under-cupboard lights powering them with a 12V DC plugpack. They have been exposed to a lot of steam over the last 6 months and are going great. They provide more usable light than the over stove light in my rangehood.
    Another 2 I will be using in a caravan, mainly as they are very bright, cool white light, and they are very efficient if running off a 12V battery.
    Another 1 I will be mounting in my outdoor garden shed and running of a SLA battery with a small solar panel to keep it charged up.
    Good buy - good price, good light output, power efficient, rugged, good all round.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections