Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Greath for Boat, Car, Lithing. Nice Light.

posted by manoloba on 07/31/2008
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Good quality bright, white light better than a fluorescent tube, but with one third of consumption.

This unit has 2.4W of power, while a tube fluerescente of 8W illuminates less than him.

Cons:

The positive pole is NOT identified, both wires are white. This poses a risk, if connected reversed and exceeds the maximum reverse voltage of LEDS; they may be damaged.

Therefore, it is necessary to identify the cable positive, applying a lower voltage, 10V.

The absence of documentation prevents from knowing the maximum voltage ratings, so we do not know if it can be damaged with voltages present in the 12v electrical systems of a car, caravan, boat, which can exceed 14V when charging batteries.

OtherThoughts:

Other reviews recommends using a 5 Ohm resistor in series, to protect the bar leds versus tensions over 12V.

This is not the best solution, because the resistor can cause a voltage drop of 1V at 200mA.

I recommend using a low dropout regulator, as LM2940CT-12.

I do not recommend regulators as 7812, as its voltage dropout is very high (more than 2V).

Bottomline:

I'm using it to replace 12V fluorescent tubes on my boat.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections