DX » Community » Reviews » High-Power Ultra Bright Cree Q3 3-Mode 110-Lumen LED Headlamp with Camouflage Pouch (1*AA/1*14500)
  • 5 star 3 ( 30% )
  • 4 star 5 ( 50% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 10% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 10% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• An excellent lamp for close work

posted by Pluto10 on 02/17/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

I bought this because it's one of only a very few headlamps that will work from single AA

battery. That feature alone is a huge plus for me .

I do alot of close up electrical and electronics work and so I wanted something that would run for a long time on AA size NiMh rechargables and this with it's two modes of high and low is perfect .I have found that the low setting is bright enough for close up wiring/soldering work .

It also has a usefull simple beam focus function which is very easily changed by just sliding the front lens in and out.

Also it comes with a nice little storage case

you can clip on a belt.

Cons:

The only negative thing I can think of with this is the way it is gripped in the headband by only two rubber rings ,which I imagine if you kept adjusting the aim of the lamp wouldn't last long before they wore out and no longer gripped the lamp effectively.

One other thing I can think of that possibly could be a concern is the way half of the torch body is used to carry positive polarity (usually the torch body carries the negative polarity so it is the same as the battery casing).This means if the usually thin battery casing insulation is scratched or defective it would possibly touch the torch casing which is positive and short out the battery.

OtherThoughts:

This lasts for ages from from single AA cell.

I measured current drawn with my meter when running on single fresh charged 1.2V NiMh .

On low it draws approx 75 mA

On high approx 180 mA

So from a sinlge typical AA size 2400 mAh NiMh you should get around 30 Hours runtime on low or 12 Hours on high .

Bottomline:

Very Good head lamp for close up work ,I am very pleased with my purchase .

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections