• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Not exactly a rainbow, but pretty anyway

posted by teq00 on 07/17/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Build quality and finish seems very good, it's fallen down on the floor a couple of times but still works as new.

Cons:

Power button is a bit fiddly if you have big fingers, and often the device will register one press as two, meaning that the light goes on then off immediately. Rainbow colours are not exactly as a rainbow, but rather very blurry. I gave up using it as a night light as the unit has a timer which turns off the light abruptly after 10 minutes or so regardless of mode switch position, when the light went out my daughter would wake up crying.

OtherThoughts:

The mode switch is pretty useless. Mode 1 gradually dims all LEDs up to full simultaneously when the power button is pressed, and dims them all down when pressed again. Mode 2 switches all LEDs on and off instantly. A smarter way of using the mode switch would be to enable or disable the automatic shutdown.

Bottomline:

My daughter who's 16 months old likes it a lot. Works best if projected on a white wall, and room needs to be quite dim for you to see the entire "rainbow".

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections