DX » Community » Reviews » Digital Antenna (BNC)
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted byhessuh on 03/24/2010

Good cheap antenna for UHF, similar ones are sold for much higher prices elsewhere. I wouldn't bet on the weather proofing of the base, but it can be sealed with hot melt glue or something. Not good as such for 435 MHz amateur radio use (SWR 2 to 3 between 430 and 440), requires building a new whip. ... Read more

0 0 2

• posted bydeadice on 07/13/2009

The magnet is very strong. Strong enough to mount to the roof of my car and hold at 120km/h! It should be able to handle higher speeds. The BNC connector is an accurate fit. The gain is less than the extendable 15inch antenna that came with my scanner. Cable might be too long? My antenna was straight,... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byshadowsill on 06/23/2009

- A decent antenna for the price. - No instructions or ratings or anything else included. - I already had a digital antenna, I mostly wanted this one because it looked neater, with the spiral in the middle (I know, that's a dumb reason to buy something, but it was so cheap). But the one DX sent me doesn'... Read more

0 0 0

• posted byPeterlm on 05/28/2009

Tested indoors with a handy talk proved it worse than the standard supplied antenna with the handy talky. SWR (Standing Wave Ratio) was at 2.5 which is about equivalent to the Handy Talky supplied antenna. The picture shown is with a centre loading coil but the antenna shipped to me was just a straight ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted bycrcarter on 05/22/2009

The five (5) stars are based on performnce and price. There are better antennas, but not at this price. Discreet for externl mounting. Coax is approximately six (6) feet, or slightly less than two (2) meters, in length. The 2 I purchased do not have the corkscrew coil in the middle. Not a problem, just ... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bycrcarter on 04/24/2009

I use mine on a VHF-UHF scanner. It improves reception over the standard "rubber duckie" that most scanners come with. Magnetic base holds better than expected. Cable is about 10 feet (3 meters). BNC connector is well made. Mine didn't have the "corkscrew" in the middle of the shaft.... Read more

0 0 0

• posted bypunky0 on 02/02/2009

cheap strong magnet small and discrete better reception and rage than the standard antenna on my 5 watt UHF HT unit none that I can think of - other than that there is no available information on antenna specs, such as gain db rating, frequency range, maximum tx power etc. for anyone out there interested ... Read more

0 0 1

• posted byave_252 on 06/23/2008

The price. It's really cheap and the materials are good. Have a very strong magnetic base great for use in cars. The frecuencies aren't specified, so I bought it without idea if I'll hear something. I have tested this antenna with an Uniden UBC72XLT scanner. This scanner has the following range: 25-8... Read more

0 0 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections