Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Nice bag with awful fixing

posted by GunSmoker on 11/01/2012

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- Cheap
    - Waterproof (can protect from light rain even with no additional cover)
    - Easy access to bag/pockets
    - Small, not interferes with anything
    - Can be expanded for additional room

Cons:

- Really awful fixing on typical bicycle frame
    - I think it's supposed to be unfixed easily and being carried in hands (judging from the pictures). This is not possible due to previous item (strange/bad fixing).
    - Hard to fix it in one place. Bag "wants" to lean left or right. You have to fix front velcro really hard to avoid this. Which is hard to do.

OtherThoughts:

I use this bag to put ZIGG Sparq 2.0 (square one) for my PDA (to power GPS while cycling). Fits just nice. Also, put some keys, other small items.

I also use battery bag from MagicShine lights. I hold it on the front tube - to the right and lower than this bag. So, battery bag supports this bag, so it will not lean left or right.

I don't know if this is a problem with my particular item or common issue, but this bag has really strange velcro straps. It's supposed to be fixed on bicycle frame (front tube). But velcro straps are a way too large to wrap around usual frame. You probably can see it on the picture: they are very long. Since velcro is made of two strips (hooks and loops), so when you wrap it around tube - loops strip will wrap around tube and cover... loops strip. Because it's THAT long. Hooks strip has just nothing to hold.

To fix this bag on tube I had to wrap strip twice around frame tube. This is not easy to do, and I've spend many time trying to fix it reliably.

Bottomline:

Love it for nice fitting of my items and nice looking.
    Hate it in the beginning (when I has to fix it on frame). No hate now, since I never unfix/remove it.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections