DX » Community » Reviews » Mini Rechargeable Bluetooth Handheld Qwerty Keyboard & 2.8" Mouse Touchpad (400mAh)
  • 5 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 100% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Pretty good, but...

posted by kingi89 on 02/08/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

This thing was easy to set up with Ubuntu 10.10. Just normal pairing process and it was ready to use. Also I love that this actually has multitouch touchpad.
    It battery doesn't take forever to charge and I can work with it many hours without problems.

Cons:

Build quality is somewhat bad: The shift key has some issues causing it to send all kinds of garbage and messing up everything I'm doing. Therefore I practically have no arrow keys, or special characters. At least I can use Caps lock to switch ALL-CAPS on and off.
    First I wondered why the scroll wheel area on the right side of the touchpad didn't do anything, although manual told me that there was such a thing. I found out that to scroll, you have to actually put two fingers to the touchpad and then move them up and down to scroll.

OtherThoughts:

I really like the laser pointer and that backlight thingie. The backlight is not like super bright, but it is more than enough to see the keys in the dark.
    Also, the Alt key is Right Alt, or AltGr for everyone but Americans. So you can't Alt+Tab with this thing if your layout has AltGr. No Win/Meta key either.

Bottomline:

Although this is pretty decent thing and good to have, at least my unit's build quality was a little less than good.
    For this price, though, it works splendidly.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections