DX » Community » Reviews » H.264 720P Wide Angle 6-LED Night Viewing Digital Car DVR Camcorder w/ Mini USB/SD (2.5" LCD)
  • 5 star 61 ( 66% )
  • 4 star 30 ( 32% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 1% )
  • 2 star 1 ( 1% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• All around excellent buy!!

posted by TheGreenBastard on 04/18/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Excellent video quality, true HD, not interpolated. The video is crisp and clear and does an amazing job of capturing detail.

The sound quality is amazing! On other cameras I've had the "buzzing" of electrics when filming a drive...you can hear the buzz when accelerating/decelerating. With this camera the is NONE of that! As a matter of fact, when I played the video back for my family, they thought I'd dubbed music over it, when it was actually just my stereo in my vehicle...it sounds that good. Crisp and clear!

The menus are meaningful, well done, and intuitive. Very configurable...looping can be turned on/off, LEDs can be turned on/off, motion detection on/off, frame rates, etc...all selectable

Date/Time are right in the video at the top.

Contrary to others reviews, the doors for the SD card and the HDMI/USB lock solid and there is ZERO rattling about. Maybe they listened and improved it over previous ones?

Batteries are CHEAP and readily available, look around...a reseller at Amazon had 'em for less than 5 bucks each!

Cons:

Aside from the IR LED's not really projecting hard enough to illuminate the road, it still does an outstanding job of capturing night driving, especially in the city.

OtherThoughts:

The bracket is VERY solid and works fantastically!

I purchased a bit spendier SD Card for the video...a SanDisk "HD Video" card...fast enough to capture the HD video without choking or stuttering. I have had zero issues using this card.

Bottomline:

For the money you won't find a more versatile camera of this quality. I am thrilled with mine and couldn't be happier and would recommend this to anyone looking to capture drive video!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections