DX » Community » Reviews » 2.5" SATA + IDE USB 2.0 External HDD Enclosure with Soft Carrying Pouch - Black
  • 5 star 8 ( 89% )
  • 4 star 1 ( 11% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bysantiqu on 10/24/2013

Is good product for IDE and SATA use. The enclosure run properly and it is easy to use. I bought other enclosures, and this item is better than the others. The backup button don't run or i don't understand how configure it. If you need a enclosure for a 2,5 " Hard Disk, i think is a good purchase, because it allow connect an IDE HD and SATA HD,... Read more

0 0
  • posted byjetvice on 08/29/2013

-Its plug and play, no drivers needed and as straight forward as it can be - USB Speed is good - Not too noisy - It's of good size, not much bigger than the drive, and a carry pocket always comes in handy - The hard drive is a bit hard to remove from the enclosure I don't know what else to say, does what it needs to do and is not utterly expensive. ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byAlixey on 03/19/2013

very handy thing for someone who is engaged in repair and diagnostic laptops. easily opened by clicks. latches are strong and reliable. prevent accidental opening of the case for the hard drive. Two LEDs are present on the lid storage enclosures are not divided by partitions and shine together. had to share their makeshift wall of cardboard. pleasant ... Read more

1 0
  • posted byTotal1304 on 02/13/2013

Combination of both SATA and IDE interface Y USB cable included Compact design Easy changing of HDDs External power port option when you can't plug both USBs on Y cable The external power supply is not included in bundle. I was actually looking for IDE external 2.5" HDD enclosure but wanted cheap one because I have only one IDE HDD and won't probably ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bynimeni on 11/28/2012

- Cheap. - Stylished worl - well finished. - Works without external power in price of extra USB -port. - Something with those power & activity leds, cause the light seem to be reflected also on wrong slot (led's slot). - Borrows extra USB -port in case, extra power needed without external power source - External power is not included with. Don't ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrombox on 11/24/2012

good solid stuff,box contain all you need for mounting the HDD,one can use both sata and ide discs,after installation worked at once with no issues. very poor data sheet,missing information after unboxing was an adventure to find all the lids and screws and i find even a button wich has no meaning and explanation.maybe a better data sheet or a translation(... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycowley on 11/20/2012

it's easy to handle with hard discs, discs are fits perfectly, can be operated without screws, the opening buttons works well. Box looks resistant, good handling with hard disc temperature I don't know how can works backup button - there are no manual or software included. Have a problem with hard disc bigger than 512GB, the partition table represented ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydcd_11 on 09/12/2012

It's arrived in a box (graphics is very similar to philips boxes), well fixed in a cardboard frame. It's provided of a certificate of warranty. The materials are superb, very resistant plastics; there are 2 leds, one for power and another for read/write activity. The closure fits perfectly with the base and moreover I can control temperature, S.M.A.... Read more

Internal Vision below - HDD Mounted
    6 0
  • posted bySeriouslyMike on 04/12/2011

Easy to put together, lightweight, manual is easy to understand, stylish Middle of the frame made of plastic that can break when tightening the screws. Installing IDE drives requires some care, as you have to put them at a slight angle first. Also, red power light may "drown out" the blue "drive operating" light if you don't put some kind of divider ... Read more

4 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections