• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Fulfills what it promises

posted by EmilianoDome on 05/09/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-Works great, I'm using it with SATA Samsung hd322gj, which is 320gb (although the software out there [like HDloader] won't use more than 120 (I just started trying OPL, I don't know its limit). Some games freeze, not only the games that are known to have problems with hdd use, but games that are supposed to be fine. But I still don't know if it's the adaptor's fault, I don't think so, I think it's a problem with my PAL ps2.
    -It has two hinges so that you can use a 2.5" hdd and it won't be loose.
    -the build quality is ok, the screws are good, but I don't trust the jacks, I'm being very carefully extracting it to add games
    -Aesthetically, it looks great hooked up to the fat ps2. It looks original.

Cons:

-It has to be taken out each time you want to add games. There's no way to connect a PC to the hdd while still inside the ps2, because there's no Ethernet port, there's a hole under the yellow sticker. Since I don't trust the build quality, each time I had to add games, I have to remove it very carefully.

OtherThoughts:

I'm using it with a modded (aka "spoiled") memory card so it boots from it (using Free Mc Boot) and then loading elf software (like HDLoader) from a usb drive (if you're using Kingston, make sure it's a 2g and above, 1g didn't work). I found all the instructions on youtube. Just search "Create PlayStation 2 Bootable Memory Card" and "Install Hard Drive (HDD) In Playstation 2 (PS2) And Format", those are pretty clear (but in English).

Bottomline:

I absolutely recommend it. I live in Argentina, so ps2 network adapters are very hard to come by, and if you find one it's original and extremely expensive. This was shipped door to door no charge whatsoever and it got here in great conditions.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections