• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• a must have

posted by edsoncfgarcia on 02/20/2013

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

---> ulfills its purpose, brings a disconnect hook easy, relatively comfortable to use, does not bother much to work is a matter of getting used;
    ---> The crocodile clip can be removed, revealing a simple banana jack, which means that you can also plug the wire in other grounds;
    ---> It does the job well. It is very cheap. Comes with alligator clip and banana plug for adding an extension. Strap length is good for my size wrist ;
    ---> This is truly a must-have gadget for everyone who dis/assembles computers.

Cons:

---> The wire is quite thin and is pretty short as well. You can get the exact same wire which is #20440 which is slightly cheaper. BUT it is by far the best deal to get the one with the much heavier wire and much longer wire for only $1 more - #15430.

OtherThoughts:

I can't think of anything negative to say about this unit

Bottomline:

- Tested resistance between the strap and the terminal, and got 1M ohm as advertised. - The inside of the strap has parallel white strands running along it which I can confirm are conductive. - You can slide off the alligator clip at the end of the lead and use it with a banana socket. - The coiled lead is thin but doesn't feel flimsy. Can stretch it to longer than 1 metre without straining.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections