There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• great cable for your PS3

posted by stefankd on 06/10/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

it just works perfect and allowed me to connect my PS3 to my old, but very high-end CRT monitor "Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB" providing great colors and overall picture quality. particularly on "Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB" with this cable i can choose between the following resolutions:

* 576p (either 4:3 or 16:9)

* 720p 16:9

* 1080i 16:9

it also allow me to select 1080p, but that mode seems is not compatible with my monitor.

Cons:

only one and it's pure cosmetic issue rather than real "cons":

on the main cable audio jacks colors are swapped: "White" is Right and "Red" is Left audio channel instead the correct "White" for Left and "Red" for Right channel. also, they are swapped on the extension cable too and so at the end on 3.5" stereo plug the correct order is received. however, if you use only the main cable you need to keep that in mine and plug "White" jack of the cable to "Red" input of your received and "Red" jack of the cable to "White" input of your received. so, i guess you just better to check with special audio file with different Left and Right channel is the order you get is correct and otherwise swap the jacks. so, not really an issue, but it's good to mention it.

OtherThoughts:

it's great solution for everyone that want to connect her/his PS3 to either LCD display or CRT monitor without HDMI port and still get high-definition resolution, e.g. i'm running 1080i with this cable on an old 22" CRT (it's true that it's old, but high-end "Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB" CRT monitor though).

Bottomline:

i'm very pleased with what this cable offers and i can only recommend it as reliable way to connect your PS3 without using HDMI including connect it to LCD display or CRT monitor in high-definition resolution.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections