Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• A very nice GPS for your camera

posted by AntonioGPS2 on 06/06/2011
    10 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

I am the owner of a reputated store dealing with GPS, so I know what I have in my hands
    This is truly a GPS receptor that is recognized readily and seamlessly by my Nikon D90 or D7000 cameras. You simply attach the GPS to your camera and ready you are !. It took merely less than a minute to get a cold-position after it comes from China. I have tested thoroughly and it has a precision of <3meter or better most of the time.
    The shutter that accompanies to the GPS is working very nicely as well. The button can be pressed to a half in aidding to the focusing, and it works as well as the own camera's button

Cons:

With this GPS attached to the camera, you cannot use the own camera flash, since it cannot be fully opened. You need either to unattach the GPS (and leave it free since it is a very light piece), or use the Nikon GP1-CL1 flash strap.
    The green LED is somehow hard to see. It blinks rapidly when the GPS is not positioned, and blinks slowly when a position is acquired, but sometimes this is hard to ascertain due to the tiny size of the LED. In some cases (strong environmental light) I needed to use my finger to hide the environmental light to be able to see the LED working

OtherThoughts:

It deserves to be bought at this price. The GPS is well built and is sturdy. Precision and speed of positioning is what you expect from a SirF StarIII GPS receptor

Bottomline:

I don`t give it 5 stars in every aspect because it does not allow you to open the camera's flash. This is the only annoyance I see. From now on, I will geotag most of my pictures with it

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections