DX » Community » Reviews » 20W 1600LM White Flood Light/Projection Lamp (220V)
  • 5 star 4 ( 40% )
  • 4 star 6 ( 60% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Bright, but not very impressive quality

posted by Popup on 06/15/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

The light is indeed very bright. It compares favourably to a 150W halogen work light, but the light colour is visibly bluer (The colour temperature would probably be called 'warm white', but it's nowhere near the comparatively yellow of a (relatively low-power) 150W halogen lights that I had.)

Cons:

The build quality is fairly shoddy. The materials used looks OK, but when it arrived one of the corner mounting screws had come clean off, and the others were pretty loose.

I opened it up to attach a longer cord, and saw to my surprise that the earth wire wasn't attached to anything at all!

Also, the LED driver wasn't attached to anything. I assume that it would heat up under use, but the only way for it to dissipate that heat is through convection in the air - there's little or no physical contact between the driver and the chassis.

OtherThoughts:

It is actually quite large - I was expecting it to be smaller.

I will probably buy another couple of units, as they give off a substantial amount of light.

Bottomline:

Nice bright light.

A shame about the shoddy build quality though...

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections