DX » Community » Reviews » CREE XM-LT6 5-Mode 6700K 450-Lumen Drop-in Module with Textured Reflector
  • 5 star 5 ( 50% )
  • 4 star 4 ( 40% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 1 ( 10% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very Bright, but Strobe and SOS useless

posted by Rapini on 12/29/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Very good light. It's bright (brighter than my huge MagLite) and has adjustable brightness (HI-MED-LOW). It does get a little warm after 5 minutes of use, but never hot.

Cons:

After about 3 weeks of use the feature switching has become iffy. Most of the time it switches properly but every once in a while it will go bananas and start switching modes randomly or instead of strobe it will do 3 dim short flashes and then one long bright flash.

The SOS and Strobe functions are a waste of time. In my opinion they make cycling through the modes a lot more time-consuming and cumbersome. Hi-Med-Low should be the only functions on here.

OtherThoughts:

I've ordered the single mode version of this light, and am going to compare how it holds up. I do need to use the dim mode from time to time, so I don't know which one will prove to be less of a disadvantage

Bottomline:

This drop-in is an amazing value for your money even if it does have too many modes, and occasionally tends to do it's own thing. You can build a great flash-light that EVERYONE will be jealous of for less than $30 that will perform (notwithstanding the hiccups) like a $200 light. If you need variable lighting this is the drop-in for you.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections