Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• "Cool" Flashlight with a tendency to overheat

posted by JHM64 on 04/08/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

For just under $34 this is a bargain. This is a very, very solidly built Flashlight which produces an impressive amount of light. All threads are nicely cut, with (mostly double) lubricated O-rings in every joint. Good beamer with with moderate spill. I especially like the Titanium Grey finish.

Thermally this light is not very well laid out, causing a tendency to overheat. However, there is an easy way to alleviate this problem by filling the void between the emitter/reflector subassembly and the Flashlight body with Aluminium foil. Approximately 2 meters of standard kitchen foil can be squeezed in for improved heatsinking.

Build quality is really worth five stars if it weren't for the heatsinking issue. But as said, this can be overcome.

It's quite heavy. I would have liked it if it had come with a clip for carrying the light on my belt when not in use.

At this price, this light is pretty amazing. If you want it to last for a long time, make sure to fix the heatsinking issue.

Post comment

DX Everywhere