Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Cool Flashlight, can be hot too!

posted by JHM64 on 04/12/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

For just under $34 this is a real bargain. This is a very, very solidly built Flashlight which produces an impressive amount of very white light. All threads are nicely cut, with (mostly double) lubricated O-rings in every joint. Good beamer with with moderate spill. I especially like the Titanium Grey finish which makes it stand out from the (predominantly black) crowd.

Thermally this light is not very well laid out, which may cause it to overheat. However, you do not have to be a technical expert to alleviate this problem with a bit of kitchen foil (Aluminium). The forum provides information on how to do this.

Build quality is really worth five stars if it weren't for the heatsinking issue. But as said, this can be overcome.

It's quite heavy. I would have liked it if it had come with a clip for carrying the light on my belt when not in use.

At this price, this light is pretty amazing. It looks and feels much more expensive than it is. If you want it to last for a long time, make sure to fix the heatsinking issue.

Post comment

DX Everywhere