Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very good price performance ratio.

posted by Kaynine on 04/12/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

• The light does use little energy compared to its brightness.
    I did not do a runtime test, but as far as I can tell it lasts quite long.
    • I like the color-temperature of the light, albeit being a bit bluish.
    • The build quality is quite decent, treads are nice and smooth, and the light feels sturdy.
    • And yes it is bright, I could distinguish the beam on high on the ground outside in the sun!
    • The tail-cap switch is a backwards clicky(it goes on the moment you release it), that does match the interface.

Cons:

• Although being very bright, I don't think it is exactly 900LM out the front.
    • Thermal management is poor, you would need to address this to be able to run it on high for any extended period of time.
    • You can see a strobe effect when the light is on low, and even a little on middle, likely due to the regulation.
    • The tail-cap switch is a backwards clicky (it goes on the moment you release it), but it does match the interface.
    • There is no rubber-sealing between the glass lens and the outer housing, at least not in the one I received, so it would not be watertight.
    • It has only three brightness levels, the rest is just flicker modes.

OtherThoughts:

• It would be nice if the flicker-modes were to be dropped, in favor for extra level(s).

Bottomline:

It is a very nice flashlight, especially considering its price.
    and I am for the most part contend with it.
    I have put some thermal compound on the treads between the pill and the reflector.
    I have put toothpaste between the reflector and the outer housing.
    Take a look at the pictures for reference.
    It is certainly not a perfect solution, and I will see if I can find a better solution.
    But for the time being it does seem to work.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections