• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Good beamer, well built

posted by juanjosan on 07/28/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Very bright light, solid anodized aluminum body, powerful beam with a little yellow tint and a decent amount of spill in a cooler color.
    All joints have O-rings and mostly adequate greasing. There is a O-ring between the glass and the body, secured with the pressure of the reflector against the glass. Mine was a little loose, but is not very difficult to fix.
    My measurements show 1.7A consumption @ 7V, which is around the expected values.

Cons:

- Thermal path from the led to the aluminum reflector is good, but maybe is not too great from the reflector to the exterior. I added 3 soft copper 22x28x1.5xmm washers and some thermal paste around the brass pill. These washers are easy to find in auto parts stores. This mod is easier to do right than the aluminum foil one and does not require to remove the spring. I only had to sand down a little the exterior of the first washer.
    - Does not work correctly with 3.2V LiFePo4 batteries and high mode. It switches to low mode after 1/2 s. and does not allow further mode changes.

Bottomline:

Good light, but needs some finishing by the user.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections