There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Really Cool Item. Worthwhile

posted by hostclicking on 04/18/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

-Very good package!(antistatic package inside+manual+screws+sticky tape for thermo-sensors)

- Attractive design(I've put it in old-fashioned semi-professional miditower case INWIN and it looks GREAT!),

- I have no visual impression that it's "cheap" unit at all

- The display is very bright with good contrast(I will try to put photos later) With the SKU.50969 it's really gread add-on! (I will write a report about 50969 later)

- Accuracy of the thermo-sensors are good (I've connected them to 2 my HDDs. SKU display shows the temperature is 35.7 and 33.9 against 35 and 37 in Everest-software

- Fans controllers(wheels) are of very good sensivity (not easy, but not hard to move)

- Audio-jacks works fine :-) Which is very important for me - I don't have any audio-jacks on the front of the case.

- USB is working in 2.0 mode

- IT Reads SD HC 32Gb!!!!

- Informative instruction for installation(English and China) - even if you don't know both of them - it's very easy to understand

- Looking inside made me aware that it's has a good quality

Cons:

- Bad sticky-applicators for thermosensors (need to be thrown away and replaced by those with better quality)

- I've open the cover of this SKU to be sure that all the connections inside are "ok" and found out that one cable was not fully connected(to to the end) to its socket(nevertheless, all works without any problem). I've pushed it to the place and closed.

- Windows XP identified all the memory card readers as dedicated disks(Except USB) and shows them in "My computer" constantly.

OtherThoughts:

- I haven't managed to use stock screws because my INWIN case is a little bit different from standard cases.

- Fan speed monitor depends on size and capabilities of the fans. But at any rate it works descently!

- Haven't tried other memory cards and ESATA, can't say anything about them, but

Bottomline:

I've spend about an 45 minutes to install and test it (not because of complexity, but because I wanted to make photos, put all cables and check how it works).

I'm very satisfied to have this device bought and installed.

It would be really BESTSELLER if it could be sold at least $5-10 cheaper.

I hope this will help to others

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections