Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Incredible light!

posted by RevolverOcelot on 03/30/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

OMG, this is now my favourite EDC light! I bought this light to use as an all-purpose "everyday" light. Previously, I was using my UF 502b SSC CSXO P7 "900 lumens" light for EDC so I wanted something that was less powerful. As it turns out, this light is much better and brighter than my 502b SSC P7. Comparing the two, the hotspot on this light is brighter and whiter than the P7 though the spill are about the same on both models. This flashlight is well constructed and built to last! It has a heavy, solid feel yet it's comfortable to hold. The 5 modes are excellent and SOS mode really is "SOS" (instead of "SOO" which was common with previous UF lights.) Light also has memory mode! It also has a nice pocket clip that isn't too stiff.

Cons:

The grooved ring that holds the glass lens in place is made of plastic. The silicone tail cap switch is also not moulded nicely so I will be replacing it. Light also had some dust and metal shavings under the lens so it needed a cleaning (again, common with DX lights).

OtherThoughts:

Light has a VERY SLIGHT purple spill. Switch is a reverse clickie. Light was shipped in flat bubble wrap but luckily, it arrived in mint condition. Light is modeled after the Surefire C2 Centaurion. DX needs to sell the C2 assault crown separately!

Bottomline:

I waited almost a month for this and although I was upset at the slow shipping, it was well worth the wait. This flashlight is a BEAST. If you don't own a UF C1, get this one! XM-LT6 lights are incredible!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections