Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• incredibly bright, bad switch

posted by 325addict on 02/13/2013
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

One manufacturer stops making the C2 Centurion, the other takes over in an nearly unaltered design... so I decided to order one and see for myself how good it is. First impression: built very nice, and it really throws TONS of light. After 10 minutes on max. it got very hot, so I stopped testing before I maybe would damage the LED.

Cons:

Then, the drawback came: seemingly, the switch can't handle such a large current for 10 minutes: it was stuck in the ON position and wouldn't revert back to OFF. Now I have a fantastically bright flashlight that cannot be turned off!

OtherThoughts:

Every part of the light is very well built, except the switch. If they only mount a better switch, it would just be PERFECT!

Bottomline:

Threads, the LED, the black finish: everything is very nice indeed, but... the switch should have a larger capacity. 10 minutes on max. is all it takes to burn it. If you know how to alter this yourself, this light cannot be advised enough. Otherwise, you can still buy it, but do not use it for prolonged periods of time on MAX then.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections