Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Excellent flashilight

posted by Andrej86 on 12/24/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

In my opinion this is one of the best flashlights from DX. It's small and convenient and it allows you to make a lot of modifications. Most of the parts are common on DX so it is easy to mod or repair. What I like about this flashlight the most is ability to change the drop-ins so you can make your own one. I choose a XML-T6 version because I think it's the brightest of this model (502B).

Cons:

The most annoying part of this flashlight for me is it's optics. The bright dot on the middle is not nice and since this is a flooder it looks 'strange'. However there is a thrower reflector on DX so I will try this one if it's any better.

OtherThoughts:

As I mentioned above this is one of (if not) the brightest WF-502B model. However, I wanted more so I moded it to a higher output. Now it's almost bright as SKU 35242 drop-in in my other flashlight. But this is much smaller and more handy. This one really drains the battery faster but I still prefer this one because it is more convenient.

Bottomline:

It's very nice and convenient flashlight, really worth the price. Especially if you like to mod the flashlights and want something relatively small then this one is for you. But as with any other flashlight here you should first think about improving the heat transfer from LED to the case.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections