Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Positive surprise

posted by IBFS1 on 08/29/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

Small, pocket size. Lots of light. Good size strap to secure carrying. Flawless build finish.
    I compared this one outside with other single 18650 battery SSC P7 models and this one is amazing regarding the light output. Superior light output to P7 flashlights. For a generel wide beam user, this one gives a lot of flood light. It does not seem to get so hot as some people claim, but does get warm during longer operation.

Cons:

Hard to find any. It has way too many modes for my purposes. I would be happy with just High and low modes. Packaging was a little bit cheap since the Ultrafire arrived in really simple bubble wrap. Being disapointed with previous deliveries with just bubble wrap, this one was a positive surpridse to arrive in flawless condition. Ok, perhaps this one could have still more ligth output with more powerfull driver - I'm never satisfied:) Perhaps only regret is that I spent double the money for SKU 91136 but the amount of light doesn not seem equal to price difference.

OtherThoughts:

Perhaps the best buy regarding price, small size, and the huge amount of light one gets.
    Just wondering - how about a model with 3 XMLs and 3 batteries, but short body - batteries in parallel - or 1 XM-LT6 and really long runtime. I happened to find something close to this multibattery body elsewhere, so here's a hint to Dealextreme. It has way too many modes for my purposes. I would be happy with just High and Low modes or just single mode.

Bottomline:

I really can recommend this one. Perhaps the best buy regarding price, small size, and the huge amount of light one gets. Actually I was considering to get another one - but it looks like I have packbags and pockets full of older models flashligts like Trustfire TR-1200, SST-50, SS P7s and so on. But this one was - Positive surprise - perhaps most pleasing purchase so far to get so much light for the price.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections