Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Cheap and good

posted by RichieDuke on 05/15/2011
    0 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

- Real 800x600 resolution. Accepts other pc resolutions with auto scaling down.

- Good enough to handle anagliph 3d viewing (with sku.41565)

- very good viewing angles and colors.

- it's the cheapest i've seen with highest (real) resolution.

- disassembly is very simple fot diy proyects. Inside components are few and small, it's mostly empty space inside.

- It's bright and the sound is not bad.

- When in VGA you can hear the sound from AV. (is either a pro or a con depending on how you see it).

- It remembers source/channel and settings after power loss.

- Unlike the pictures all my cables came in black!

Cons:

- The description says PAL+SECAM-D/K I B/G, which led me to believe all PAL norms were accepted, but it's actually PAL D/K I B/G + SECAM. This is a problem for me since my country (Argentina) has PAL-N (air) or PAL-NC (cable). Odd enogh, when conecting thru AV pal-n is used correctly. I tried to chage the cable/air tunner but no replacemet was found (yet).

- It has only one speaker inside (despite the holes you see in the pictures), it's not stereo, and the board doesn't support adding another one.

- Only works plugged in. But since it's 12v 400ma making a "battery" for it shoudn't be hard.

OtherThoughts:

-Great product, would definitely buy another one for surveillance, extra laptop monitor, bathroom tv, etc.

-It would be great if it had a PAL-N air/cable tunner.

-This paired with a small multimedia player such as sku.59559 and a "battery" of some sort would be awesome!

- Can't discuss about the air/cable tunner since it doesn't work in my country.

Bottomline:

Dx screwed me with the description, but I should have researched more about tv norms BEFORE I bought it. Still no regreats, great product.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections