• 1 star 1 ( 6% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Overall Best Travel Companion

posted by switchdoctor on 01/12/2009

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

This device is useful for more than just laptop power supply- it can step UP voltage from DC input. Useful for charging circuts too. But it works great for laptops and is VERY small and portable, as long as your laptop is not mondo huge, it will not overload. I have used them many times on many laptops and none have been incompatible.

Cons:

One of the units I have had suffered from a broken dc plug (cigarette end) which was easily changed with another cable. Also if left in the sunlight- the cable gets stiff and deteriorates (Texas sun is da-bomb).

OtherThoughts:

I find it useful to put HEAT SHRINK around the adapter plug (to keep it from popping off the end) and a strip of clear tape over the switch, so you do not fry the laptop due to accidental voltage changes!

Bottomline:

You can't build or find anything cheaper that does the job. And why just get one- get two! One for keeping in the car, and one for the laptop bag- why not, its cheap enough!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections