DX » Community » Reviews » 49-Key Mini Rechargeable Bluetooth Wireless QWERTY Keyboard for Windows/Symbian/Iphone Mobile
  • 5 star 12 ( 63% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 37% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Fantastic product, Worth Having

posted by Davidc90 on 03/21/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

The Keyboard is slim and lightweight, it fits in the palm of your hand, and the keys feel solid to the touch, so you know when you've pressed the keys properly, while it also stops you from mis-typing by accidentally nudging a neighbouring key.

It pairs with my mac, though it took me a few goes to get it to sync up properly (there really needs to be a paper manual included) and all the keys map to the keyboard perfectly, even the symbols are the same!

All the multimedia keys go where they're programmed. the only key that didn't have a proper mapping was the IME key, (which I don't use anyway) which automatically mapped to my Quicksilver install, so that became very useful

Cons:

When I received the keyboard its bottom edge was uneven and with a little pressure on it, I was able to separate the case... which wasn't great, it looked like the bottom had warped, but a little super-glue and pressing it back into the right spot, and the issue was gone instantly!

The keys are stiff, and the absence of a win/apple/linux key meant that I had to remap the control on the keyboard to perform any shortcuts that I needed to do on my Mac.

The backspace key also is in an awkward position, meaning that I made a lot of mistakes as I instinctively went for the key in the position that it would be on a standard keyboard.

A lot of the symbols (from the standard keyboard) were in weird positions, so it took a little bit of searching to sort that out.

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

Buy it!

Buy two, they're fantastic if you need a tiny keyboard to use with a Media PC, or if you're lazy like me, under the blankets on a cold night in bed.

The pros of the device far outweigh the cons, so it's worth it!

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections