DX » Community » Reviews » 49-Key Mini Rechargeable Bluetooth Wireless QWERTY Keyboard for Windows/Symbian/Iphone Mobile
  • 5 star 12 ( 63% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 37% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Very nice, worth the money, great batterylife

posted by drkoster on 10/29/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

Short list:

+Batterylife

+Rechargeable battery

+Working distance

+Comfort

+Ease of use

+No drivers needed

Explanations:

The biggest pro is its battery life. I've been using it for weeks on just a single charge. I didn't expect it to last so long.

It works on a reasonable distance (+-4 meters), but this also depends on the receiver u use. If you're having trouble with the connection, make sure that there is a clear line of sight between the keyboard and the receiver.

The keyboard feels comfortable in your hand while using it. It is light, and small. Be sure that you don't drop it from the couch because it probably won't survive that.

The keys themselfs feel okay, a soft rubbery finish so they won't feel sticky or nasty quickly.

Tryed it with the following devices with succes:

Archos 32 (Android 2.2.1)- No problems pairing (See other Thoughts)

HTC HD 2 (Windows Mobile 6.5) - No problems at all

Windows XP - Still works without a problem

Windows 7 - And no problems here aswell

The manual is hardly needed. Its all self explainatory.

The male to micro USB cable is included. This makes that the entire package is great value and suited to give as a gift to someone.

Because it has a rechargable battery, you won't have to swap some exotic types of batteries that will cost more than the keyboard itself. Charging is very quick and just 5 minutes is enough for an entire evening.

Cons:

Short list:

-Key pressing

-Function indication missing

-Forget to turn it off

Explanations:

The keys need to be pressed pretty far. This makes it difficult to type quickly or make long sentences. It is okay for a text message, but not for use with email or quick chatting or even gaming.

There is no indication when switched between normal keys or function keys. This can be a hassle if you forget what mode it is in.

It's FN + Enter to lock it in Function key mode and FN + Enter again to unlock it (normal keys).

You will forget to turn it off. This is not a major con because of the incredible battery life this thing has. I left it on a couple of nights in a row and it was still working... Must be some new form of energy in there :)

OtherThoughts:

Would be nice to have some background lighting in the keys. But that would waste the batterylife. So its not a biggy.

I didn't need the included driver CD for any device.

The Archos needed a different way to pair. So here is what I did:

1) Make sure the keyboard is discoverable

2) Try to connect with it from your Archos

3) When it asks for a key, just type anything you want, make sure you remember it!

4) Press the same digits on your keyboard and press the Enter key (It didn't tell me that on the screen).

5) And it should be done by now :) no drivers needed

Packaging is decent but could be better. The included driver CD was slighty scratched on arrival. Its not a big deal cause it still worked and I didn't need it.

Bottomline:

A great value for money.

The battery life is great, far better than I expected. Plastic housing buldges just a little but, nothing to worry about. Works with any device it seems and the charging cable is included aswell as is a driver/manual CD.

A must buy!.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections