Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Good for the price

posted by RaphaBR on 05/25/2011
    14 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

- Small and light - my hand fits gently into it

- Haven't counted the framerate, but recording with a tripod makes a smooth and fluid video

- Rotating screen

- Nylon strap is extremely convenient

- Appealing colour

- Just a few sturdy buttons, so if you have big fingers like me you don't have to worry about pressing two or more by mistake

- Nokia battery, easy to replace if necessary

- Menus are easy to use and have a lot of features

- Can be charged via USB

Cons:

- Zoom is crap, and only digital (not optical). My cellphone lens is better than that.

- Not HD, of course (video 720x576, photos 5 MP)

- Battery life is too short - buying a replacement battery is good

- LED glows green when turned on and red when battery is low or when it is recharging, but you never kow when battery is fully recharged, as the LED never changes to green again until you disconnect the charger

- You MUST have/buy a SD card, internal memory is only 1.78 MB

- No microphone jack (I can live without that)

- No audio boost function. Internal mic seems to be very low volume. Use a good video editing software to boost your audio after recording.

- The AV cable is red and white only! So how to output video to my TV? I have to buy a new cable separately. Fortnuately there are loads of them here in DX.

OtherThoughts:

I bought it along with a tripod and a 4GB memory card. Together, the three items are the solution for my home video needs.

Bottomline:

I bought this camera to record a few home videos and put them into Youtube. Good for my purposes.

Don't expect advanced or even semipro quality. If you have the cash, go for a better device.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections