• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Bought two, okay so far

posted by brintcorb on 05/23/2011

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

cheap

bright (~24 lumens)

small

easy to find batery (AAA)

simple operation: no modes or focus

flood beam

Shipping was quick

Cons:

high current draw... short battery life.

screwing on the tailcap is tricky... springs are too strong

OtherThoughts:

I got 2 lights, both arrived in 10 bus. days. One was black, one was silver. Both worked right out of the box.

With fresh alkalines light 1 drew 480mA and light 2 drew 505mA. Light intensity was accordingly bright for 1-2Watt. I measured about 35 lumens from 10cm away for both. spot broadens to 20cm from a 1 meter distance. This makes it very useful for close in inspection work, or for lighting up a table, inside dark room, car, box, etc. weighs about 40g, 13cmX1.4cm fits nicely in a pocket. IMO this does exactly what a pen light is supposed to do.

i noticed some here say the beam is weak. perhaps that is because people tend to underestimate the output of flood style lights.

i have not seen the blinky effect others report, but will watch for it and report back in a few weeks

Bottomline:

Does exactly what a penlight is supposed to do. Good light for a great price. If these hold up over time, ill be back for more.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections