Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very handy light, nice flood beam

posted by DXaholic on 12/25/2011
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I got this a few days ago and have been quite impressed by how it performs relative to the price I paid for this (under $4). I like carrying multiple flashlights on me and this competes with my 4Sevens Preon 2 pen light for daily and work use. I will go ahead and compare this pen light to the Preon 2 since I use both for server room/network closet work for cabling jobs.

This light has a flood beam much like the Preon 2 but has a bluish tint while the Preon has more of a soft yellow tint. I prefer blue over yellow. Also, this of course has a lower number of lumens but is still quite bright and sufficent for lighting up part of a room and inspecting dark areas. IMO, it seems like the lumens on this is somewhere between the medium to high modes on the Preon 2.

I now use this as my primary work tool in the server rooms because the battery runtime lasts longer than the Preon 2 lasts on high mode.....also it runs cooler and doesn't heat up my head when using it with a headband.

Cons:

Nothing that I can think of. Sure, its not as bright as some premium flashlights you might find but for under $4, I'm thinking of buying many more in the future. Very pleased with the lumens it emits.

OtherThoughts:

I ordered 2 of these. One in came in silver and the other in a tactical/gun metal gray color. I also ordered the smaller single AAA MXDL model and this is a bit brighter....not a whole lot brighter, but its noticeable.

Bottomline:

Get it! High value penlight. Very good brightness.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections