DX » Community » Reviews » Electroplating Shiny Bubble Style Slider Hard Case Cover for Iphone 4 - Silver
  • 5 star 4 ( 33% )
  • 4 star 7 ( 58% )
  • 3 star 1 ( 8% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• In a word? Shiny.

posted by ChrisGray on 04/13/2011

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:

It clicks together nicely, and will wear better than the front/back click-together type cases. The back cover only covers on DX here wear down on the front edges and leave the face of the iPhone 4 unprotected. This style of cover won't wear down.
    It's insanely shiny. The kind of shiny that you use to flag down a helicopter when you're lost in the wilderness. Or blind hungry bears. You can't believe how shiny this thing is.

Cons:

Because it's so shiny, every fingerprint is forensically visible. Whomever packed mine for shipping left three full and a few more partial prints, and that was before I even got my greasy mitts on it.
    The only other problem with the shiny is that it's slippery in your hands.
    The front bezel is a little thick, and it makes the iPhone 4 look like the 3GS.
    The cover itself is very thin, so I doubt it'd protect your phone against any serious drop.

OtherThoughts:

Bottomline:

I bought this one because I thought the black version wouldn't look as good, but now I think it'd look nicer, being that it's not a glossy finish. Still, it's a nice case, and there's always fun to be had in blinding people with it's reflection.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections