DX » Community » Reviews » Clicky Switch for Flashlights (12mm 5-Pack)
  • 5 star 9 ( 82% )
  • 4 star 2 ( 18% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bycchueke on 12/09/2013

Perfect for flashlight service. Cheap, nice quantity to stock. This two effect switchs are very useful for any two lamps flashlight you have around.. Not very good quality but cheap and have 5...could be a bit cheaper.... There weren't any issue to solder it, this switch has the price and specifications I need. At first i was afraid to broke it but ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymiritz on 05/02/2013

Recived the item quite quickly, (2 weeks). Great switch, easy to install and use, can handle more then 1A, small size, but not too small to handle it. very good tactical feed back. none that I can point, but it's a little delicate build despite the size. very useful as a switch at any other application you might have, three position with a little strange ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byIndigosia on 08/08/2009

- Easy to use. - Cheap. - 2 click thing. - first click directs to pin 1. - second click directs to pin 2. - Third click = off. Unless you mod it. - can be a bit tricky to fit if you're not fitting it to a flashlight, or a circuit board. - easy to kill it if you use enough heat xD - no real cons, just my lack of skills :P I only ordered this cause of ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byEL34xyz on 04/28/2009

Can be taken apart and modded for Off - On1 - On2 and On3. See mod description below. I am using this switch to switch two 1400ma boards in, one at a time to run a SSC P7 in half mode and then full mode. Inner contact parts are kind of wimpy. Contact points could be a bit wider for better contact area. Not sure what the actual voltage and current rating ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bylexein on 04/19/2009

Solid tactile feedback. Contacts self-clean. Decent current rating and low contact resistance. 2 amps at 6 volts was okay, Not enough grease inside for good moisture resistance. Plastic wears rapidly - dust will cause bad connections. These are not OMRON switches, they're "OMREN". 3 amps caused contact heating - the PCB and wires can dissipate ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byecotack on 03/06/2009

Works without any problem on a torch 10W torch. Soldered easily and didn't melt (even though I used a 100W soldering gun). On-off would be better, but I can always buy some on-on-on-offs for that (sku.5660) Bought these for another project, but ended up using one in my torche after the driver shorted the batteries and fried the switch (made a useful ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byBlack_Rose on 02/28/2009

- solid construction, nothing loose - on/on/off execution order (see Other Thoughts for details) - mounting options for non-flashlights may be an issue. Likely need to use adhesive or epoxy depending on what you are mounting it to - I bought mine just before the price drop - First click routes current to pin 1, second click routes current to pin 2, ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydvavolk on 04/01/2008

I have been looking for this switches for over a year. Not on ebay, nowhere. I found them only in digikey but the shipping to my country was huge. This is a press switch that cycles through two separate contacts 1/0/2/0 . Usable for many DIY projects. Be carefull when soldering these - have heat dissipator attached unless you will melt down the plastic ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bycallmeshyguy on 03/03/2008

A strong plastic clickie, with three metal contacts. ON/ON/OFF good for those flashlights that you want to have high/low/off. The spring in the clickie is strong and you can definetely hear it in the light itself. Careful not to overheat the contacts as this will affect the innerworkings of the clickie, plastic will melt. My first mistake was to leave ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byseapalmcorp on 09/17/2007

Nice sturdy case. Wish they were cheaper. There is a no-connection stage between each connection stage. In other words, one click connects to pin 1, second click no connection, third click connects to pin 2, fourth click no connection, repeat. Get some for projects. Read more

0 0

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections