Customer’s impression:
Excellent product for guitar
Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Bass strings are actually not too aweful

posted by lavino on 04/02/2011
    1 0

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I got this set for a practice guitar. I never had any hope for any good quality given that I ordered a pack of cheap strings from eBay. So this came as a pleasant surprise in terms of quality. Sure if you put it side by side with the top of lline strings like Savarez you can clearly tell the difference but given that I use it on a practice guitar don't care about sound it is all worth it

Cons:

I only tried the bass strings. The nylon strings look a bit worse by comparison so I didn't even take them out of the wrapping and threw them away. If you play nylon you will notice that the bass strings need to be replace a lot faster than the nylon ones. I got plenty of used Savarez from my other better guitars so I always got much better quality nylon ones.

OtherThoughts:

The quality is better than I expected. The other no name stuff I order from ebay before is really horrible and compare to these. These are top quality cheap strings.

Bottomline:

If you don;t care about sound quality (it is actually not too bad so don't get me wrong) you should give this a try. I am gonna order a whole bunch of these since it is half the price of any I can find locally and it is free shipping. Thx DX for carrying them. Please keep stocking them.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections