DX » Community » Reviews » Wilderness Survival Steel Wire/Scroll Saw (70cm-Full Length)
  • 5 star 14 ( 48% )
  • 4 star 14 ( 48% )
  • 3 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 2 star 0 ( 0% )
  • 1 star 1 ( 3% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

Sort by
  • Latest Reviews
  • Most Helpful Reviews
  • Pro Reviews First
  • posted bymgalicia on 07/01/2014

This device is very useful due to its compact size, it can easily be added to a survival kit, camping, purse or where required to have a multitool. The chain is long and wide enough to cut logs so fast without much effort. It is more practical than a hand saw, due to movement of pull that can be performed with both arcillos. Should be raise with a case.... Read more

perfect size really cool stuff nice packet
    0 0
  • posted bywarren1974 on 04/11/2014

portable, easy to store, compact, light weight find it useful if you camp, as it is easy to store in the event that you need it to cut some wood or tree branches don't expect it to last for a long time, but as a tool that I will only need occasionally, seems to be a very useful tool to carry on camping trips happy with this purchase, useful tool at ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byWhattheshitthe on 03/28/2014

Really strong and effective wire saw. I thought it wouldn't cut properly at first but it cuts like knife through butter. Price is cheap and the tool is effective. No cons pop up to my mind. I've been using it harshly and it still functions fine. Don't try to strangle people with it they would bleed to death before choking, it would be a mess. Just kidding ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byemanuelz on 02/09/2014

Fits in any small pocket, flexible... Really does the work, I sawed a quite robust branch with no effort. After around 10 uses the cable get unusable the handle can be better, I wrapped around them parachute cord and made a better tool Buy three or five, and you are ready to go. It's cheap so I do not have any hard feelings about it stooping working ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byKrafnert on 02/02/2014

Realy Works. Although not expected to be operational as a saw, it can help you in some camping or offroad situations, which is my case. The "blades" are long lasting and can perform quite well cutting had woods. It is lightweight and goes unnoticed in your pocket or bag. The rings can be uncomfortable after a while of use. I'd recomend using ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byamitliv on 12/03/2013

cuts really good. very strong. highly portable. good workout... hard on your fingers, it needs two round handles for easier sawing (like a 6" long broom stick or plastic pipe with a notch in the middle) look it up in YouTube for the handles and do it. I would like one that is even longer then 70 cm... hard on your fingers, it needs two round handles ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bydaoneh2o on 11/08/2013

It's cheap, small, strong, good made and it really works. It do the job without problems. Good finish, good material. It can be stored easily (tin survival kit, car, bike...). It can be used with gloves without problems to gain in safety. Probably the rings in the sides make it difficult to store in a small survival kit but they are easy to change. ... Read more

0 0
  • posted bymasterovoy on 09/04/2013

- Very portable, easy to store, move everywhere (e.g. bag, car, pocket) - No special skills needed (easy to use) - If you hold the saw using the rings during the action, you should be very careful and control the effort in order not to hurt fingers. Some practice helps to avoid it. Actually it's not a con, but as I expected this saw can't be used to ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byrighteousrob on 08/11/2013

Very cool, makes me think of a garotte wire meant to do some real damage. Durable metal and relatively sharp links that could likely cut through some smaller logs. I can't imagine acctually using this to cut through anything. In terms of survival anything this could cut through I could probably break in half with some effort. Still a cool item. Could ... Read more

0 0
  • posted byDement0r on 06/17/2013

Good stuff, compact, easily climbs into his pocket, fine saws, a tree almost grinds. Price, by the way, is also very happy. You can not just cut a tree, but also plastic. You can also drank metal, but not for very long. Kamaz with wood that is not to saw through. Very tired fingers if you want to cut in large volumes. Can be used as a rope. You can ... Read more

3 1

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections