• 1 star 0 ( 0% )
Customer’s impression:
There are no customer's impression yet.
Create Review

Share your thoughts and
Get DX Points!

• Excellent light, amazing power

posted by v3rge on 11/25/2012

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:

-Very powerful
    -Body quality is good
    -Higher PWM rate
    -High flood area
    -Body thermal conductivity

Measured before on a full charge and was pulling 3A at 4.15V. Driving the XML-T6 at 10W Is VERY nice. Unbelievable power, significantly more then my other T6 where the driver maxes out at about 7W.

The torch runs very hot at full power. As in extremely hot. This is good and bad, but shows that the body conducts heat very well as the entire thing will heat up. Great for warming up your hands but it will happily hit 50c. Have to constantly regulate the duty cycle and power settings to keep it cool. Pretty expected for a torch with little heatsinking area.

Cons:

-5 mode is unnecessary for me =/
    -Potential for poor tailcap contact

Initially, the torch ran flawlessly. Months on and it would randomly just die or go very, very dim. Today I thought I would investigate it more and measure the resistance through the tailcap after seeing it running so dim. To my surprise it was 15 Ohms. Give it a good whack and it drops to the milliohm range.

OtherThoughts:

I would recommend users to either add electrically conductive paste around the body contact for the PCB on the tailcap switch or either adding a lot more solder and flattening it with a file or sandpaper.

Bottomline:

Best power in a T6 torch I've used hands down. As long as your batteries can keep up, you will not be disappointed with light output. Just keep an eye on the temperature and hope it's not the batteries catching on fire that's actually warming it up ;) I have little faith in my old ex-laptop 18650s, not sure they're too happy about these higher discharge LEDs.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections