Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• Very Good, but....

posted by trevbozo on 07/08/2011
    0 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:

I bought a few of these on behalf of friends, but I didn't get one for myself. Duh! Build quality is very good. The finish is a nice semi-gloss like my WF-502b. Stainless bezel is a nice touch. Brightness is fantastic, easily outshining my Trustfire SSC-P7 900 lumen. Size is smallish, not much bigger than the 502b.

Cons:

Annoyingly, the mode changes to the next in the sequence when turning off and on again. This doesn't happen with either the 502b or Trustfire P7. I'd like a single mode offered, or even a High-Low mode, but with a memory that keeps the last setting. The strobe and SOS are unnecessary in my opinion. Others have mentioned inadequate heat sinking. If true, this needs to be rectified. The tailcap has only two to three threads of engagement, and needs four to five. Internal battery contacts are springs at both ends, and could lead to incorrect battery insertion.

OtherThoughts:

This is a great little torch that could be fantastic. The gripes I've mentioned are fairly minor, except for the mode memory. Buy one and try it. Thirty three dollars is money well spent for this level of brightness.

Bottomline:

A worthy addition to the collection.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections