Create Review

Share your reviews,
photos and videos here!

• respectable vs m3c4 xml

posted by customled on 05/09/2011
    1 0

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:

This review is based on comparison to the m3c4 single xml. this light is a sleeper. i opened it and thought "hmm, its like a 501b with a slightly fatter head", but it caught me of guard when i turned it on. it became quite apparent, she's packing an xml.
    color is very pure white(same as m3c4) with no magenta, green or excess blue.
    output is outstanding, beam/throw is like my tk40 but much whiter and probably brighter, i won't say it's AS bright as the m3c4 but it is closer than you would think. i have doubts of the tk35 beating the TH-T60(plus those all seem greenish compared to eagletac)

Cons:

large, pretty faint donut hole detected.
    too many modes for my liking & takes more than just a few seconds to "reset"..
    you figure to do this well vs the eagletac it's really sucking on the single 18650. at this size/output ratio it seems "too good to be true" :crosses fingers:

OtherThoughts:

if this thing lasts, it's hands down my new favorite light.

Bottomline:

At 1/4 the price of the m3c4, half the batteries, a fraction of the size... temporary or not, if you prefer output over everything this light is sure to put a smile on your face.

Post comment

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections